Monday, September 28, 2009

mostly-naked black bean tostada

I'm really running low on food. After dinner I went to this meeting and remembered I have TWO WHOLE CHICKENS in my fridge. TWO! I sure hope they haven't ran down the same road as the collards...

Back to tonight's dinner. While it look like simple fare, it was anything but: homemade tortillas and homemade refried black beans (used this recipe and this one and this one) topped with sour cream and taco sauce. After it was finished and I was running out the door to my meeting I realized I could have made rice to go with it. Beans and rice. How could I miss that? Oh well. The tortillas were quite delicious. One can not go wrong with homemade tortillas. The hubby asked if there was any meat. Not tonight, mi amor. Not tonight.

No comments: