Tuesday, August 24, 2010

easy shmeasy

Today has been a day...let's just say it hasn't been the ideal day. But God loves me because he sent my wonderful friend, Amy, to my house to protect my sanity. When dinner rolled around I had two loaves of freshly baked bread and wanted nothing more than a tuna sandwich.

I've lately tried my hand at homemade mayonnaise and I have to say I'm hooked. It is like a mini-miracle how essentially egg yolks and oil magically emulsify into the thick goop. And the taste is far superior to anything else. So tuna salad made with homemade mayo, storebought mustard (that's my next thing to try homemade, I don't even know if you can but I'm going to check it out) and fresh baked bread. I was satisfied. (But my complete satisfaction might also be due to the fact that I had leftover chocolate cake from last night!)

No pics tonight. I'm sure you can imagine what a tuna sandwich looks like.

No comments: