Monday, August 30, 2010

sandwich in the park

Now technically this was my lunch. But since I forgot to take pictures of many of my dinners during my Manhattan trip I figure I should take advantage of any meal photos.

Unfortunately I have no idea where I bought this absolutely lovely sandwich. It was in within a two block radius of the NY Public Library. I know that doesn't narrow it down much, but I walked around trying to find a place that didn't sell pre-made sandwiches or some place (like Qdoba) that I could get any ol' place.

By the time I setttled on this little hole in the wall (which accurately describes almost every eating place in Manhattan) I was so hungry that upon leaving I instantly forgot what and where it was.  The sandwich was a California something or other on a bagel. Chicken, avocado and some pickled red peppers with ranch dressing, which I normally would omit but in this case it was fantastic. Paired with a Nantucket Nectars Half & Half I was quite perfectly satisfied.

On top of that I got to eat watching all the passers-by in the lovely Bryant Park. Quietly eating alone is not a common occurrence with me and I enjoyed it immensely.

No comments: