Tuesday, February 15, 2011

chicken makhani + naan

One of our family's favorite dinners is this beauty: Chicken Makhani, Naan and Garlic Green Beans. (Which aren't really Indian, but it's good and goes well, so who cares?)

Years ago I found the recipe for Chicken Makhani on the internet. It was simple and very delicious. It's one of the few things I make often. My husband uses this recipe as the standard to which all Chicken Makhanis must be judged. I just found out last year that it is from Madhur Jaffrey.

To get Chicken Makhani, you must start with Tandoori Chicken. I can't find the recipe on the internet (which is where I found it). I'll post it here shortly. There are tons of recipes though, so you can be adventurous and try another one.

The Naan recipe that we use is from Allrecipes. Love, love, love it. We grill it with lots of butter and it is heavenly.

Garlic Green Beans are just green beans steamed for a few minutes and then finished off in a skillet with some olive oil, salt, pepper and chopped garlic, just until they have a few browned marks.

Writing about this meal makes me hungry for it. Very hungry.

Chicken Makhani recipe

No comments: