Friday, April 8, 2011

texas land & cattle

We were out picking up a birthday present for a little friend, dropping my oldest off for a boyscout campout and found ourselves come dinner-time, far from home and stomachs a-grumblin'. My thoughts turned to steak and we soon were pulling into Texas Land & Cattle Steak House.

I got myself a surf and turf, steak and bacon-wrapped scallops meal. It was good, but as the kids said, "Daddy, your steak at home is better." I had to agree. It's such a disappoingment to go to a restaurant, paying much more money than the food is worth and realizing that I could have made it better. (Well, not so with the scallops. I never make them at home, so it was worth it for them.) In instances such as these I think it's best to look at the situation as a wonderful break from dishes and a much needed chance to be waited upon.

We did learn an ultra-horrible thing you can do to your macaroni & cheese that makes it taste even better. (If that's even possible with macaroni & cheese.) The manager came over to chat us up and he snagged a little bowl of bacon bits for the kids to sprinkle on their mac & cheese.  It was sinfullly good. Thank you, Mr. Manager, sir. We are forever thankful.

No comments: