Wednesday, July 14, 2010

corn soup + bread

I've been using my Black Binder of Printed-Out Recipes this week. Six ears of corn on the cob, some milk, some sesame oil, ginger and a blender turned into dinner tonight. I followed this recipe, Velvet Corn Soup and it was pretty good, although it would have been better if I could have thrown in the green chiles and cilantro. Instead of "contaminating" the entire pot with hotness, I just added sambal to mine. The kids were not nearly appreciative enough. They had to be bribed with an extra slice of bread to finish their bowls.

2 comments:

Rachel Medlin said...

i just found this blog - I am so embarrassed i every cooked YOU dinner . . .lol
you go girl . . . very nice

Tricia said...

You are ridiculous! Your spaghetti was delicious and who can complain about a backyard garden fresh salad? No one! My response to the first part: pshaw!

My response to the second part: Aw, thanks! ;-)