Friday, May 7, 2010

fuh-jee-tuhs

We are at my parents' house. Mom had a package of fajita-spiced chicken she needed to use up. We obliged. There were no peppers, but they were still tasty.

We handmade the tortillas from a bag of tortilla mix. They are really good and I would probably use it at home except for one ominous ingredient. Can you guess it? Partially freakin-hydrogenated oil. Come on! I thought we were beyond that stuff.

Mom opened a couple cans of black beans and I made my favorite white rice. (I loooove Mexican rice but we were hungry and I didn't want to mess with it.) Some sauteed onions with cheddar, sour cream and yummy taco sauce made the meal complete.

PS - The drink you see is this awesome iced tea my mom made from this mandarin orange herbal stuff sent to her by her English "adopted daughter."

No comments: