Thursday, May 6, 2010

good ol' san antone

While I wait out the final week of my husband being gone, I decided to grab the kidlings and scoot off to San Antonio to my parents. Dad took us out to Mamacita's for dinner. I was ever so thankful. And now I'm ever so full with too many chips and some avocado-y, green salsa stuff with my spinach enchiladas.If you go, try the vegetarian mushroom fajitas. Absolutely the best thing I've ever had there. Delicious.

Mamacita's has the coolest building. To get in you cross a bridge over a sweet little stream.(According to their website it is symbolic of the Rio Grande.) Once through the doors into the foyer is the largest crystal chandelier I have ever laid my eyes on. It must be at least 10 feet across. Beautiful. The inside of the restaurant is made to look like you are dining out under the stars in a Mexican Puebla, complete with shooting stars. On a roof  nearby stands an animatronic Davy Crockett who will serenade you with his fiddle every thirty minutes or so. (My kids say, "He's kinda creepy, Mom." I kinda have to agree, but at least it gives you something to look at if conversation starts to wane.)

2 comments:

monica said...

i just watched an episode of "Throwdown" on the Food Network in San Antonio. The challenge was puffy tacos, which San Antonio is supposedly famous for. They looked oh so yummy, and oh so bad for you. Her shop is called La Hacienda or something like that? Have you ever been there?

Tricia said...

hmmmm, i'll have to check it out. haven't tried it,but we're here often enough, i'll have to search it out. thanks! i'll report back.