Sunday, May 2, 2010

sweet and sour veggies (with a teeny bit of chicken)

I did it again. I used a vegetarian recipe and added chicken. I wonder if there are people who monitor for this kind of sacrilege.

Tonight's dinner was supposed to be Sweet-and-Sour Seitan and Vegetables. I was out of wheat gluten to make the seitan so I was going to make it with only the veggies. My son then reminded me that we had chicken. We looked. One lone, broken piece of chicken breast. (about 1/2 c after we cooked it) We added it. There was also supposed to be red pepper but they were so very expensive that I went with green, not realizing that the end dish would end up so monochromatic. Oh well.

The rice was cooked according to the delicious method proposed by Alton Brown on Good Eats. It's so delicious I could just eat a bowl of this rice and be perfectly content.

On the whole, I'm not a huge fan of sweet and sour dishes. This one was just fine and easy enough that if I need it, I know it's there and it wouldn't be horrible to have to make it again.


Quick and Delicious Long Grain Rice recipe
Sweet and Sour Seitan and Vegetables recipe

No comments: