Monday, February 15, 2010

calzones + smoothies

Tonight they all wanted Pick-Pockets. They were so excited. I made some pizza dough and followed the cookbook's instructions exactly. (Well, almost. They called for store-bought pizza dough cut into squares so the Pick-Pockets would end up triangular. I had to roll mine and they ended up in half circles.) When I was ready to put them in the oven the kids were so disappointed.
     "Hey! You made calzones! We wanted Pick-Pockets!"
     "I made them exactly following the recipe."
     "Oh. Do you think that maybe Pick-Pockets are just a fancy name for calzones, then?"
     "That might be it."

I also made these really yummy smoothies. Blend one avocado, one banana, one handful of almonds and enough soymilk to make it the right consistency. I loved it. So did the baby and the youngest son. Red-head daughter tried it and didn't like it (Bravo, daughter, for trying!) but the oldest two wouldn't even attempt it. Not-Even-Trying is a major pet peeve of mine but I didn't push it tonight. I just wasn't up to it emotionally.

No comments: