Sunday, February 14, 2010

meatballs + broccoli + rolls

Kid Week continues...

Most of the recipes from this week come from my daughter's cookbook: Better Homes & Gardens New Junior Cookbook. While I could skip the ridiculous illustrations, the recipes are decent. They are a little heavy on pre-made items (pizza dough, etc) but I just substitute my homemade versions and I'm satisfied.

The Ham Cannonballs were tonight's choice. Half ground beef and half ham that I chopped in my food processor, they were a little soft texture-wise, but they made up for it with taste. I added brown-n-serve rolls (courtesy of my mom) and steamed broccoli. My parents joined us (they have to leave for a cruise in the morning from Galveston and are staying tonight with us) and Dad said these meatballs just wanted a hoagie roll for sandwich perfection. I think he's on to something there.

While it's a little heavy on the pepperoni (I haven't posted the different pizza-type lunches we've been having) and other meats, this Kid Week isn't turning out quite as bad as I first thought it might.

No comments: