Sunday, February 28, 2010

meatballs + rice pilaf + beets

Beloved husband is back and when he found out we had meatballs without him, he was so very sad. I succeeded in alleviating his sorrow by making him meatballs tonight and adding harvard beets for extra bonus points. The rice pilaf was very, very basic. The only thing that differentiated it from regular rice was a small onion and butter. But that made all the difference for it was tay-ay-stee. All three recipes came from my ATK's Family Cookbook except for the sauce/glaze for the meatballs. It came from my daughter's BH&G New Junior Cookbook. (You know what's funny. December of last year was the first time I made meatballs and now I've made them twice since then.)

The best part of tonight was that the Harvard beets were really good. Remember how I was wanting to find a good recipe for fresh beets? I think I found it. It won't stop me from trying new recipes (God forbid!) but I'm relieved that I've found a good "go to" recipe if I need one.

Oh! and the meatballs were a success. Happy Hubby.

No comments: