Thursday, February 4, 2010

leftovers

Leftovers yet again. I had more Penne Puttanesca. It was even better the second day.

The kids had Annie's Mac & Cheese. But since I am such a lover of those yellow-sauced elbows I had a bowl of it as well. Normally I add a spoon of sambal to spice things up. Tonight I opted for a couple dollops of that puttanesca sauce. Macaroni and cheese heaven let me tell you. I couldn't convince any of the kidlets to try my concoction. Wussies.

If you happen to make mac and cheese and have some puttanesca lying around, mix them! You won't be sorry. (At least I don't think you will.)

4 comments:

monica said...

total wussies...(is it okay to call kiddos wussies?) oh well, if you do it i will too:)

i love annie's w/ fresh tomatoes, so i am sure i would love the puttanesca too!

and, ps. i asked chris to buy me the moosewood lowfat cookbook because of your blog.

Tricia said...

great minds and all that. i bought martha's cookies book because of you... :-)

30 Days of Fun said...

What is puttanesca sauce?

Tricia said...

Puttanesca is a chunky tomato sauce with lots of olives and capers. Usually a bit on the spicy side. Really, really yummy.