Tuesday, June 22, 2010

sandwiches + coleslaw

Using the leftover chicken from a few nights ago, I made chicken salad for sandwiches. I made it in the food processor because it's so easy. I think that's the difference between a real foodie and me. A real foodie would make chicken salad with the right chunky chicken texture. Me, I practically make a pate. I'm sure my family would appreciate something with a little bit more consistency than baby food. Sorry, family.

We had a yummy coleslaw from my Veg Fam cookbook with the sandwiches. Officially it's titled Cabbage, Apple, and Raisin Slaw. Apparently I have made it previously because I had little notes to myself in the margins and a smiley face next to the title. (In my cookbooks that means "yummy.") No recollection, but that's what notes are for, right?

Cabbage, Apple and Raisin Slaw recipe

2 comments:

monica said...

holy blogging yesterday! good work. i love reading all of your recipes.

gives me inspiration.

have a great weekend.
monica

Tricia said...

oh monica! i don't do it for the comments, but i'd be lying to say that comments aren't exceptionally fun to get. don't you agree? :-) enjoy your 4th.