Tuesday, June 29, 2010

riceballs

Okay, we had this meal two weeks ago (the post date above) but I'm just typing it up tonight (13 July) and for the life of me I can't remember what we had with our rice balls. I know I must have had one more dish, but the Haitian must have been here because that memory is bye-bye.

Sooooo, we had rice balls filled with tamago and this cashew-mushroom filling minus the cashews from my Sunset Vegetarian cookbook. They were meh at best. For one thing I forgot to make them out of sushi rice so they were falling apart like nobody's business. And the rice was bland. I'm going to put sushi rice seasoning stuff in them next time. I've made them before but I didn't have the cookbook (I checked it out from the library previously.) and, well, it's just not worth anymore words on this post. I'll make them again...but differently...more like last time.

No comments: