Saturday, October 17, 2009

beef stew + rolls

One of my favorite comfort foods is beef stew and since the weather has cooled down...dinner came from the crockpot tonight, Cozy Cottage Beef Stew. Tweaks: I omit one can of chicken broth (otherwise my crockpot will overflow) and when it's done cooking I add one cup of frozen corn. This cools it down a touch for my kidlings. I love this recipe because it uses fresh veggies. Yum, yum, yum.

And if you have stew, you've got to have something to sop up the juices. Used my pizza dough to make rosettes. I did 1/2 wheat, 1/2 white and doubled the recipe which made 32! We ate A LOT for dinner. Later we had friends come over to watch a few tv episodes and when all was said and done...no more rolls. Now we've got leftover stew and leftover squash soup for dinner tomorrow. Yay!

Dessert was a caramel and a couple squares from a birthday-gift Symphony bar with almonds and toffee. Happy tummies prevail!

No comments: