Monday, October 5, 2009

chicken salad sandwiches + split pea soup + chocolate-less macadamia blondies

The concept is FOUR meals from two chickens. But to be honest, we didn't love the sweet and sour chicken so I made a double batch of the tetrazzini. (see last night's post) This means that tonight was the last of the chicken. I whipped up a batch of chicken salad in the food processor and ended up with more of a pate but it was still tasty. The classic, simple split pea soup recipe came from the America's Test Kitchen cookbook I got in Costco a couple years back. Easy peas-y meal. (ha ha!) Oh yeah, I also had a hankerin' for some blondies, but had no chocolate chips. I sprinkled macadamia nuts on the top and said, "What the heck!" Sure, chocolate would have perfected them, but they were yummy nonetheless.

No comments: