Saturday, October 17, 2009

squash soup + salad

Hubberoni's favorite soup is Wolfgang Puck's Savory Squash Soup. The recipe he found for me had a red pepper coulis garnish. But the link above that I just found for you has cardamom cream, cranberry relish and carmelized pecan garnishes. Wish I would have found that earlier. Next time I'm adding those. This soup is really very good, but with those garnishes...mmmmmmm, sublime, I'm sure.

I didn't get the creme fraiche so I just subbed in sour cream and it was still a delightful deliciousness. I added a green leaf salad with some chopped leftover veggies from the other night. The picture really doesn't do the soup justice. (I finished after the sun went down and had to take it inside with my flash, sorry.) It was a goldenrod/yellow color and just rich and beautiful. Oh well.

We also finished off the last of the truffles tonight. (one each for the adults) So, so good. And had a couple pieces of caramel, too. All in all, a very pleasant meal.

No comments: