Tuesday, October 13, 2009

meatloaf + mashed potatoes + corn + pumpkin truffles

Today was my birthday. I opted to make dinner instead of going out. And what was my dining desire? Meatloaf. Can you believe it? If you know me, this is not a normal request. Pad thai, sure or maybe Aloo Gobi with naan, but meatloaf? Not usually. It sounded so good, though. When we have meatloaf (which is quite seldom) it has to be one recipe: Brown Sugar Meatloaf. This stuff is heaven for the tongue and hell for the arteries. Brown sugar and ketchup are put in the bottom of the pan and as the meatloaf bakes it releases its juices, causing a heart-attack inducing ambrosia to form. And this stuff spooned on mashed potatoes is beyond words. I'm getting hungry again just thinking about it. And as everyone knows, corn is the perfect accompaniment to mashed potatoes and meatloaf. Mmmmmm...I was so full my tummy actually hurt.

In fact, I was so full it took me until about 1130pm before I had enough room to try one of my pumpkin truffles, which were the equivalent of a gingersnap-crusted pumpkin pie bite covered in white chocolate. Oh dear, too good.

No comments: