Sunday, October 11, 2009

pita + hummus et al

Tonight we had one of my favorite dinners: homemade pita and hummus with olives, feta, pepperoni, lettuce and tomatoes. It's a Mediterranean mix of sorts. Olives, pita and tomatoes are quite widespread along that coast. The feta is from Greece, and the pepperoni, Italy. I don't know. It's just a bunch of ingredients that we've tried at one time or another and we liked them. This is also another "everyone loves this" meal. I think its such a big hit because everyone can create their own plate of goodies. Which proves that kids can like something that isn't specifically catered to them as a "kid-friendly dish." So lets see...for this meal I tried this pita recipe and the hummus is this old favorite of ours that I've blogged before. Mmmmmm...contentment.

No comments: