Sunday, December 6, 2009

leftovers + joe's crab shack

The family ate leftovers.

I, on the other hand, had a date with my also-moved-from-Oregon-to-the-Houston-area good friend, Amy. She had some coupons for the Crabby Apple Crumble at Joe's Crab Shack and asked if we wanted to meet up there. Free dessert and a new place I hadn't been? I was definitely for it!

We decided to share an appetizer sampler and then I tacked on a cup of clam chowder because...well...it's clam chowder. And I'm a fan.

We left stuffed and at our monthly limit of fat, I'm sure. Cream cheese and deep-fry. That about sums it up I think. I won't judge them too hard though. I mean, we got an appetizer and a dessert. Not exactly the healthiest sections of the menu.

I think I'd like to give them another chance to show me what they're all about. I saw these steampots that looked pretty tasty. Big buckets of seafood...yum.

No comments: