Tuesday, December 15, 2009

seitan "meat and potatoes" stew + green beans

Last night I used up the extra seitan that I had made for a pizza about a month ago. (Don't worry I had frozen it.) I decided to make the Seitan "Meat and Potatoes" Stew from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook. It has been colder out which makes stew such a good fit. It's a very simple recipe mainly consisting of potatoes, carrots and the seitan.

Instead of adding green beans to the stew I decided to have them as a side dish instead. My favorite way to prepare them is to steam them for a few minutes and then pan-fry them in olive oil with some Mrs. Dash, garlic powder, salt and pepper. They get a little blackened and are so delicious. Of course they ended up mixing with the stew but they were a much more flavorful addition this way.

Happy tummies.

No comments: