Wednesday, November 11, 2009

pizza

Pizza night. Tonight's varieties were
  1. cheese
  2. cheese and pineapple
  3. barbecue seitan, pineapple and olive (barbecue sauce instead of pizza sauce, not seitan cooked on the barbecue)
I made the seitan in order to have some sort of meat-y topping. It was good enough that I'll do it again. It's super easy to make (and way cheaper than buying) and you can find recipes anywhere. I've had good luck with the one from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook. Oh! and it's pronounced say-tan. It's Japanese, you'll just have to get over the similarities to that dark lord dude.

I sliced it up and sauteed it with some salt and pepper. Now I'll be honest, it won't fool anybody. But if you think of it as its own thing instead of a meat substitute, it's tasty. Suffice it to say, nobody complained about the seitan. Now the olives on the other hand...

No comments: