Tuesday, November 10, 2009

fried soba noodles

Fried noodles is one of my standbys. Tonight I made it with soba. The veggie stars were baby bok choy (love this stuff!) and Indian eggplant. They are tiny, little tangerine-sized eggplants that tend to be much more tender than the giants you find in the supermarket. I also threw in an onion, a couple carrots and some Napa cabbage. I made up a sauce with fresh ginger, garlic, kecap manis (or sweet shoy sauce or sweet soy sauce), oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil and a few drops of fish sauce. Throw it all together and you get a dish that can fill two big and four little tummies, plus some for lunch tomorrow. The kids usually put sweet chili sauce on theirs but I love mine with sambal. (Indonesian chili sauce with a kick! Move over Tabasco, you ain't got nothin' on sambal.)

Almost forgot! Fresh pineapple for dessert.

No comments: