Saturday, November 7, 2009

chicken noodle soup + pumpkin custard

(This post has been inserted after-the-fact.)
Somehow Friday's dinner was lost. Spouse-man checked out the blog and noticed that I hadn't posted Friday, yet Saturday and Sunday were very obviously there. Leftovers and sickness drained my memory and neither of us could remember what we had eaten. I checked the camera and sure enough there it was. I had used the leftover chicken bones from the yummy roasted chicken dinner the night before and made some really, really good soup. Sure it looks a lot like this meal, but it was so much better. The difference using roasted chicken makes is phenomenal. I just took the bones and any leftover scraps, covered them with water and boiled for an hour or so. Added carrots, a sauteed onion, garlic and macaroni noodles. (Oh! and thyme, as well.) It was perfect.

For dessert I made these low-fat pumpkin custards. (Really just skinny pumpkin pie without the crust.) I snatched the recipe from my new cookbook. For being low-fat it was good. Yes, it needs the qualifier "for being low-fat."

Scorecard:
soup, 10
custard, 5

No comments: