Wednesday, November 11, 2009

mushroom-polenta pie + salad

I'm loving my Mooseweood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. It is right up my alley cooking-wise. Tonight we tried out the mushroom-polenta pie. A darn tasty dish. Although I think it should have kale in the name because there's just as much kale as there are mushrooms. Kids ate it, one loved it. I had seconds.

You make a pot of polenta, put it in a baking dish then put the sauteed onion, mushroom, kale mixture on top, sprinkled with parmesan and bake. I served it topped with a quickly-made tomato sauce and a tossed green salad. With the sauteeing and polenta-ing and baking and chopping and salad-spinning and sauce-simmering (and not even counting the serving that I pureed in the food processor for the baby) there were waaaay too many dishes to clean, but it was good enough that I'd wade through that dish pile again to get another serving.

No comments: