Thursday, November 12, 2009

vegetarian shepherd's pie + salad

My first meh recipe from Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites. It's called "Another Shepherd's Pie" and we just weren't impressed. I had such high hopes with it's mashed potato layer, the veggie and kasha layer and the whole thing topped with mushroom gravy. But it just didn't deliver. I mean it was okay and all, but it just wasn't good enough to have again. I'm sad to have to say that about anything I spend a little extra time cooking, but there it is. Can't be helped.

I tacked on a green leaf salad with baby greens and carrot and was a good girl, only dressing it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I was full, but far from satisfied.

Almost forgot. For dessert we had banana chunks dipped in white chocolate and rolled in peanuts. Yeah, they were good. Almost made up for dinner. Almost.

No comments: