Wednesday, November 18, 2009

chili's


I'm so disappointed.

I had a dinner already planned out for tonight. But it was vegetarian and I was hankering for some beef. Far too easily I talked the hubbers to go out for dinner. We went to Chili's and although my cheesesteak sandwich with added avocado was good, it wasn't great. Especially considering how much it costs for our family of six to eat out. I wasn't the only one who noticed. Picky child informed me when I tried to get her to eat more of her food, "Mom, my pizza tastes like plastic, the fries are way too salty and I'm sick of drinking this too sweet chocolate milk." Although the miser in me was hoping less of her food would be wasted, secretly I was pretty proud. She's got a discriminating palate and I'm not going to complain too hard when she doesn't want to eat over-fatted, over-salted, over-processed food. It just pounded home to me what a complete waste of money it usually is for our family to eat out.

ps - We did try her pizza and she was right. Blech.

No comments: