Tuesday, November 24, 2009

sandwiches

Lessons learned:
  1. Do not go grocery shopping two days before Thanksgiving.
  2. Do not go grocery shopping at 5pm.
  3. Do not go grocery shopping two days before Thanksgiving at 5pm.
It was insane. So insane that the bumper to bumper grocery carts made me forget to pick up chicken for dinner and the turkey bacon for breakfast. The insanity crept into my bones and made me forget to take pics of dinner tonight. My brain was all "rush, rush, you've got to get it done." I wasn't like this prior to the supermarket. And I'm not like it now after watching LOTR The Two Towers. Whoa! Talk about digression. This isn't day-in-the-life-of-a-grocery-shopper. Sorry.

Tonight we had turkey sandwiches. We were supposed to have broiled chicken, but per previous paragraph you know why we didn't. Thinking about this after the fact, I realize that turkey was a bad choice. I mean, come on, what are we going to be eating for the next week? And I jumped onto the turkey bandwagon two days early? What was I thinking?

Good news was that we had green leaf lettuce. Finally! Something fresh and green. I made pita bread and hummus for lunch so we ate our sandwiches with the fresh pita. Yum! My sandwich had hummus, turkey and lettuce. I was happy enough with that flavor combo that I made myself one more 1/2 way through the movie. I mean, come on. They were in the Battle of Helm's Deep. I had to keep up my strength.

No comments: