Thursday, November 5, 2009

roast chicken + roasted veggies + salad

I had a couple chickens and decided to roast them. I found a recipe in my binder that I had apparently used before (it had notes in my hand, mostly about starting at 450 then after 30 minutes flipping it and cooking it the rest of the time at 375) but have no recollection of it. It sounded good so I went for it. It's a rub with salt, sugar and a bunch of pumpkin pie-type spices. (cinnamon, allspice, etc) Since we're trying to lower fat, I pulled all the skin off the little chicks before rubbing them down with their spice mix. In the end this turned out great since the meat itself was flavored and quite tasty. At the same time I roasted some onions, carrots and potatoes that had been tossed in oregano, olive oil and salt. (recipe from the latest addition to my library) We finished the meal off with a tossed green salad.

I highly recommend the chicken. It was tastiness.

ps - Sorry for the crappy pictures as of late. I really need a better lighting system and since the sun goes down so freaking early nowadays...you're stuck with sucky pictures taken by flash. But hey! let's just be thankful we get pictures at all, right?

No comments: