Saturday, January 2, 2010

beany tortillas + chips + queso

I'm still at my parents' house and we need to go to the grocery store for a few things. We haven't because I hate the HEB near my mom's house. It's a little small and always busy. Super busy. It fills me with stress.

So we raided the pantry and came up with homemade (from a mix, sheesh.) tortillas with refried beans and cheddar cheese and corn chips with homemade queso dip. The dip was pretty good, but I am loathe to admit that I used American "cheese." (That stuff should not be able to have the word cheese anywhere on its label. Cheese food product is still being too liberal.)


Simple meal severely lacking in freshness, vegetable-wise. I don't know what it is but the combination of being at my parents' house and my hubby being gone makes me one lazy cook.

No comments: