Friday, January 8, 2010

cheater pizzas

My plan was to make full-on pizza tonight but we got home a little later than I was expecting. We happen to have a gazillion tortillas right now and I thought, "Hmmm...I bet you could use tortillas for a pizza crust." We tried it. It was good. Simple and tasty enough that I'm putting it on my list of lunch options. Put your sauce, cheese and toppings on a tortilla and broil until the cheese is bubbling. The sauce I made took longer than everything else put together. That's how fast it was.

For a dessert-ish type thing I made our favorite hot non-caffeinated drink. We call it simply Holiday Tea. To make enough for four mugs take four cups of boiling water and steep four bags of Gingerbread Spice Holiday Tea (Celestial Seasonings) for four minutes. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 c milk. It is sweet, rich and mmmmmm. Think gingerbread latte without the coffee. Sorta.

No comments: