Thursday, January 28, 2010

salmon + chickpeas and spinach

This is our second week of heart-healthy salmon consumption. Last week's attempt was so successful that I decided to follow the same recipe again. I overcooked it just a touch but it was still mightily delicious.

The accompanying side was amazing - Middle Eastern Chickpeas with Spinach courtesy of Low-Fat Moosewood. Essentially it has three parts: Orzo topped with a chickpea and spinach mixture topped with a yogurt sauce. This is definitely a "the whole is more than the sum of its parts" dish. The chickpeas and spinach were seasoned with cumin, coriander (ideally saffron, too but I was out) and fresh lemon juice. The yogurt sauce with garlic and mint just made the whole thing sing. I had more helpings of this little side than I'm willing to admit.

2 comments:

nichol said...

the orzo salad sounds great! I am definitely going to try it out.

Chester Allen said...

This looks like I like it , cheers / my best , Bking