Tuesday, January 5, 2010

stir-fry + pan-fried radishes

I finally stopped by the store and picked up some veggies. It's amazing how much better I feel after eating well.

Mom and I sauteed up some chicken and stir-fried bok choy, carrots, and broccoli. I seasoned it with ground ginger, garlic powder, salt and pepper and soy sauce. ('Cause that's all she had.) We would have served it over brown rice but as the rice was cooking, little black bugs kept floating to the surface. Um...how about some white rice instead? Garnished with sliced green onion, chopped cashews and sambal (Indonesian chili paste) it was delicious.

My oldest daughter loves to cook and while we were at the store she told me that she wanted to make a side dish for dinner. She chose radishes (and insisted on paying for them herself) and told me that she would like to (and I quote) "fry them in a pan with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar." She did and they were awesome! I highly recommend you trying it. She cooked them so they were just tender-crisp. And did I mention she is only eight?

For dessert, mom and dad bought four little cheesecakes from Sam's Club. Two were orange-chocolate and two were raspberry-white chocolate. He served each person 1/2 a cheesecake and I was almost sick when we were through. Tasty, but rich little suckers.

All in all, a delightful meal and apart from the overdose of cheesecake, rather healthy to boot.

No comments: