Thursday, January 7, 2010

a friend in need...

We were saved from my creative dinner solutions by our sweet friends tonight. We were invited to partake in pork loin, roasted sweet potatoes, steamed broccoli and dirty rice. I was so happy/relieved and those sweet potatoes were perfect.

I did provide dessert though. I created the Cinnamon Roll Cupcake. I'm very proud. I took vanilla cake batter and swirled a ribbon of cinnamon-sugar through it. I then topped it with a cinnamon-swirled cream cheese frosting. It was a delight. (If I do say so myself.)

2 comments:

monica said...

yum yum yum. did they taste similar to coffee cake?

Tricia said...

not exactly. the cupcakes were so light and the frosting was pretty overpowering. maybe "reminiscent" of a coffee cake but it really just became a vehicle for the frosting. (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, in my book) ;-)