Monday, January 4, 2010

old-time family favorite

Okay. One thing this blog is good for is that it reveals to me how well we're eating. As you can see this past week: not well. To my credit, it doesn't show our breakfast and lunch but sometimes I'm thankful for that. :-)


Tonight we had Juanitos. They are a family recipe that I had when I was little. I don't make them too often for my kids (I think I've made them twice before this.) because they're not the best for you, but tonight it was what we could do with my continued reluctance to go to the grocery store.


Into a tortilla put a hotdog that you've sliced lengthwise not quite all the way through. Into the slice put some refried beans and then sprinkle with shredded cheese. You can also add diced onion if you want. (I never want, blech.) Roll the tortilla and fry in a small amount of oil. Juanito!


My mom showing my daughter how it's done.

No comments: