Thursday, April 15, 2010

curried pasta + raita + tortillas

Curried Pasta with Cauliflower and Chickpeas.
Tomatoes and Cucumbers in Yogurt.
Tortillas. (Well, it was supposed to be chapatis, but I got lazy.)

Doesn't that sound divine? The raita-like salad was quite good, and the tortillas were tortillas, but the curried pasta was so blah. I had such high hopes. There was so much there: peas, carrots, tomatoes, raisins, chickpeas, cauliflower. And it just didn't deliver. I think the spices could have been doubled.

It's good enough to finish the leftovers, but I'm not sure I want to make it again. I might give it one more chance. Maybe.

(Oh! This came from The Vegetarian Family Cookbook.)

Edit: The next day I added mayonnaise with another helping of those spices and it turned it into a rather tasty curried pasta salad. Just wanted you to know that it wasn't a total loss.

No comments: