Sunday, April 18, 2010

dear Lord, thank you that mommy wanted meat today.

I'm sitting here looking at this photo and realizing how much those green beans look like a pile of seaweed. Folks, that's amateur food styling at its best. So sorry.

Onwards...I roasted pork loin, topped it with a peach-mango glaze and accompanied it with steamed-then-panfried greenbeans, corn and yukon gold mashed potatoes. Defnitely one of those iconic American, Sunday dinners.

I got the recipe for the pork loin from ATK's Family Cookbook and when all was said and done, I wasn't impressed. They said to brush the glaze on in the last 15-minutes but I think it needed to go on repeatedly the last thirty. It just didn't develop that lovely, sweet crust it should have. The glaze was delicious though. It was a tweaked version of the spicy-orange glaze in the same cookbook. I didn't have time this go-round, but I'll definitely brine the sucker next time. Pork loin needs that extra moisture.

Sometimes you just want a big ol' dinner with a slab of meat. And when I do, my family is so happy. Poor forced into mostly-vegetarianism family.

No comments: