Thursday, April 22, 2010

sandwiches and smoothies

I think you should know that I'm having a hard time writing this. I'm sure it's because I'm listening to this. It's rather difficult for me to be sitting still with this sort of beat going on. This song has a special place in my heart. It was the number one song the week I was born. Bring on the groove, Walter.

On to dinner...
I pan-fried some chicken breasts and threw them into my food processor with some mayo, mustard and my special ingredient: mango-peach preserves. Throw that onto homemade wheat bread with some cheddar and green leaf lettuce. I only wish I had the foresight to sprout some alfalfa a few days earlier. Oh well.

We also had smoothies. The kids made themselves one with mangoes and strawberries and such but drank it all between them. I then made one with goji berry juice, blueberries, plain yogurt and threw in a handful of almonds. Just enough to fill my glass perfectly with antioxidant POWER!

Simple meal, simple pleasures.

No comments: