Monday, April 26, 2010

pizza

Tonight was another pizza experiment. Happily, it was a successful one. After making one cheese (yawn) and one pineapple/olive to keep the kiddos happy, I got to make mine. I stared into the fridge, both doors letting all sorts of coldness spill onto my feet, trying to figure out what new flavor I could make. My eyes first fell on the little bag of leftover steamed broccoli from the other night. Next what was I to behold but a beautiful avocado, just the perfect mixture of soft and firm, waiting in the fridge for whatever I might dream up. Baby girl got one half for her dinner, but I saved the other for me.

Verdict: Broccoli, Black olive and Avocado (put on after it comes out of the oven) is a rather delicious combination. As you can see, I forgot about the avocado when I took the above picture. (I was really hungry and just wanted to get the shot out of the way.) Luckily, I noticed my mistake before I ate. Mmmm...happy tummy.

PS - You must sprinkle garlic salt on the avocado ever so lightly. It brings that crave-worthy fruit/vegetable to new heights.

Pizza dough recipe

No comments: